THIS ONLINE TRAINING IS FOR INVESTIGATORS.
SESSION DATES: April 28th, 29th, 30th 2021
TIME: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
PRICE: $1,100.00 USD
Ai6 will be hosting the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (www.NCFTA.net) for this 3 days certification online training on Deep and Dark Web investigative methods.
**Pre-Requisite = This is and advanced cyber investigation course. We strongly recommend students have previous cyber investigation training or have completed the Cryptocurrency Investigator Course hosted by Ai6.
- Find and navigate the 'dark web' forums/marketplaces using the TOR network
- Conduct online research to identify threats to your organization
- Create a target profile report through the use of various research techniques/tools
- Learn fundamentals in interacting online through NCFTA-guided hands-on exercises
- Create and maintain research accounts, employ encryption techniques in order to communicate online
- Limit your footprint while conducting research.
- Understanding VPN, VM and info bleeds while using such environments
- Make purchases using crypto currencies
- Develop intelligence reporting based on information gathered
- Interact online using various P2P chat platforms
Deep/Dark Web Investigations Course by NCFTA. Dates: April 28-30th 2021
This immersive course expounds upon the skills and fundamentals taught in introductory cyber courses. The course will provide attendees with a more in-depth understanding of the online criminal ecosystem. We will focus on the darkweb markets, forums and other criminality occuring there. OSINT techniques and other methods to investigate criminal activity on the darkweb. Students will assume different identities and communicate with others in the ecosystem via encrypted communications, utilizing PGP and peer to peer application.
The training will be mostly hands-on, with students walking through the steps, explanations of the programs and demonstrations of the browser add-ons while building a research machine. Additionally, attendees will be familiarized with open source and commercial tools and learn to leverage the tools for thier investigations. Each module will have a task for attendees to accomplish.
Mr. Sean WILLIAMS
Sean Williams is a Trainer and Intelligence Analyst within Training at the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA) located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Sean does dark web research and analysis on illicit markets, forums, actors, coordinates and develops training on a variety of topics. He received a graduate degree in Security and Intelligence Studies from the University of Pittsburgh's Graduate School of Public and International Affairs.
Ms. Kaitlin Martin
Kaitlin Martin has been an intelligence analyst on the Cyber Financial team at the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA) since January 2020. Since then, she has conducted numerous cryptocurrency investigations for both law enforcement and private-sector partners. Kaitlin is also a Russian linguist and works on the Russian and Eastern European Crime-as-a-Service (CaaS) initiative, as well as the Business Email Compromise (BEC) initiative. Prior to joining NCFTA, Kaitlin worked for a financial intelligence firm in Washington, DC.